Let’s start making a difference, together.
Know Me Now serves kids ages 5-18 in the Portland Metro Area (Clackamas, Multnomah, Washington) with a parent who is incarcerated at an Oregon Department of Corrections facility*.
Kids participating in Know Me Now receive:
- Monthly (virtual) visitation with their parent who is incarcerated
- Continued monthly visitation when their parent is released
- Tangible items from the community to help make visit time easier
- A mentor, if needed and when possible
If you know a child who has an incarcerated parent, please have them FILL OUT THIS FORM
We’re currently looking for 60 more participants! Please apply today.
*priority will go to children who have touched the child welfare system
Know Me Now serves parents leaving any of the 14 institutions run by Oregon’s Department of Corrections and returning to the Portland Metro Area (Clackamas, Multnomah, Washington counties).
Parents participating in Know Me Now receive:
- Wraparound support from a Crew of 5-7 community volunteers for at least a year post-release
- Assistance with permanent housing through a partnership with JOIN
- Monthly in-person, facilitated visitation with their child
- Tangible items from the community to help make their transition easier
If you know a parent who is releasing from an Oregon correctional institution/prison in the next 3-12 months, FILL OUT THIS FORM and mail it to:
Know Me Now
809 N. Russell Street Suite 203
Portland, OR 97227
We’re currently looking for 25 more participants! Apply today!